Topstories Magazine spoke to Nyota Ndogo a music star in Kenya



Since singer Nyota Ndogo  discovered her talent many years back, she’s been a rising star in the Kenyan music industry accompanied by her brand of music. And most importantly, she draws inspiration from everything in her life; from her time in the townships to the striking contrast of everyday living in Kenya.


BY Erick Mutinda 

 I personally  know  who you are  but  for  those who  doesn't , kindly tell our readers Who Nyota Ndogo is ?

I am  simple loving caring and humble African song bird.

 How long have you been into music ?

 I have been  doing music  for 16 yrs 

What inspired you into music ?

I am from a musical family and its runs in my vains ,my father was a muscian and my Mum used to sing in a choir,  my brothers and sisters are musicians also.


Todate how many song do you have  ?

Uncoundable, i could say over 60 songs so i cant even remember all
.
I am aware  that you had a challenging background can you briefly narrate to us ?

I was born in a family of five i had to drop out of school due to lack of school fees
and worked as a maid to assist my family .

There has been a brewing beef between you and colonel mustapha whats the matter behind it ?

I was all championing respect and dignity, so as an artiste became the voice of fellow women in our society .


Which famous musicians do you admire and why?

I admire Mercy Myra , she is one of the artistes who's work motivated me to do music.

What are  your fondest musical memoirs ?

Thet was when  i won best female artiste in kenya on Kisima Awards.

Have you been in competitions or won any prizes  ?

Yes!  the Najivunia kuwa Mkenya which i emerged in second  and i was awarded 35,000 shillings, i bought my first big Tv.


What advice would you give to beginners ?

Music has alot of challenges but when you focus and know what you want you will achieve it .and discipline is vital.


How do you juggle music with other things ?

I always have a plan and am organized .

What is a typical day for you ?

One thing I can count on every day. When I wake up each morning (or afternoon), my plan always involves this one thing: tireless commitment and loyalty to my art. Everything I do is driven by this. My priorities are decided by this. My goals revolve around this. Even if I can only accomplish ONE little task, I am always moving forward.

What do you like most ?

Spending time with my family.my loving husband and kids.

What are those attributes that keeps you going and sucessful?

I always look back, it been a long journey and I reflect all ups and downs

If you had to do it all over again what will  you want to change in life ?

I have nothing to regret and am happy, happines is our lifes goal.and i always believe everything is possible.


How do you get people to take your music ?

My music relates with their lifes and my life too .

How do you connect with producers and artist who want colabo with you ?

Music is soulful and to create  something together, you both have to connect with ideas.


Which is you favourite music that made  a name for you ?

Nataka Toa.

What are your main impulse to write about music ?

Music is a tool for change and communication and should be used to empower and transform .


How would you gauge your music ?

I leave that to my bosses "my fans"

You mentor ladies what is the concept behind the mentorship ?

life has tought me alot and i have a good experience , my goal is to see a society of self realised women. If you empower a woman you empower a society.


Any upcoming project your fans should expect ?

Yeah Subira Yangu is my new project and Subira Yangu Initiative will empower women and the female child .

Whats is your partying shot ?

All dreams are valid its all about plan ,focus and hardwork plus determination and never give up Subira uvuta kheri .
.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment