ACTOR : JUMA SHIBE IN AN EXCLUSIVE CHAT WITH TOPSTORIES MAGAZINE


JUMA SHIBE is a classically-trained stage actor who is working successfully and simultaneously in film, and theater, and has quickly become one of the most sought-after talents in Kenya.

By 

Erick Mutinda


Kindly tell our readers more about your self
I am Juma Shibe  a humble ,talented and hardworking man, a go getter of everything i ever dreamed of.

Speaking of dreams is acting one ?
Yes!

You have made appearance in many films ,can you list some and which of the  films is your favourite?
My first one was KIZA  then SHIMO LA TEWA ,Y Factor and Unconditional Love  stands as my favourite ,it earned me the best actor title in coastal films festival .

Apart from films what else do you engage  in terms of acting?
I have been on series also such as sumu ,almasi and the recent kashfa .

Talking of almasi and sumu that priemier on the television sets on most occassion ,without doubt your prowess is well notified, did you by chance studied  acting or its just an inward thing?
I did study it .i studied acting and video production in National youth talent academy 
.
What has been you motivating factor and who is your mentor? 
I can say life has been my motivation factor because any time i take a role to play i feel my act is a representation of what is happening in the community.and my mum is my mentor.

Who do you look up to as a role  model ?
Van Diesel and the late kanumba are my role models.

Words has it that you were working on a film  with the late Steven Kanumba, is it true ?
Yah! we were to work on a movie a few days before he diêd .

Acting is gaining momentum and creating job opportunity presently, do you believe it is established well enough in the country ?
I think the goverment hasn't fully supported our industries like other countries where acting is a priority.

If you were not to venture into acting what will you be doing ?
I admire being a news anchor and definately  i could be there .

What are you doing towards  supporting new talents ? 
As per now my biggest support to new talents is advice but my future plan is to develop a company that will make sure that those talent do not go  wasted .

If you were to change anything what would that be ?
My biggest change would be to change the perception of our people towards our movies/
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment